Saturday, November 11, 2006

Mushy labels

Party affiliation is still "Democrat", "Republican", "Other". More and more it's the "Other" category that defines us. Now there are "moderate democrats", "conservative democrats", "liberal republicans", etc. Nobody fits into a nice two-party system.

I guess I'm a moderate democrat. I've stated my views on some critical issues in other posts so I won't bother with laying them out again. And I am not alone. The nation grows a little more PURPLE every day to the chagrin of the far ends of the political spectrum who refuse to see the forest through the trees. The world to them is still just RED and/or BLUE with no room for compromise.

I hope to see the far ends continue their march ito irrelevance. That will be good for the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home