Friday, November 10, 2006

The Air smells sweeter

I woke up today with a smile on my face for the first time in a long while. The paper did not cause me to grind my teeth in frustration. THe air smells sweeter, the sun seems warmer and all is right with the world.

This bright outlook is not so much the Blue team success as it is the move toward moderation in government which has been sorely lacking for the last 6 years. GO PURPLE. I want the best of both worlds and the election results are a step in the right direction.

It's true that there is a lot of bipartisan feel-good rhetoric issuing forth from the mouths of both sides. I'm pragmatic enough to know that the honeymoon period is not going to last for the next two years but I am optimistic that there will be some middle ground where both sides can play nicely.

POTUS for once has at least acted less arrogant than his normal go-it-alone self. We have almost 500 leaders (435 + 50 + 1) that need to work as a team. POTUS can now go from being a RED team cheerleader using his my-way-or-the-highway approach to bludgeon the opposition (are we still traitors after the election?) to a PURPLE leader who governs from the middle where the people are concentrated. Will he do it? It doesn't really seem to be in his nature but for me, hope springs eternal.

Now I'm going to go out and breathe in the fresh air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home